Hi Gary,

> Let's not overstate things.  It provides enough information to
> generate proxy signatures.  It doesn't provide complete
> information for technically correct use of the web service.

WSDL does provide enough information to invoke functions of any web-service.
And the main benefit is that this is a standard, so that everybody who
understands this
standard knows how to call the functions.

If you wanted to convey any specific information, then you can use the
documentation tag for that purpose.

> For example, as far as I know it doesn't have any
> formal mechanism for specifying constraints in order of
> method invocation.

Again you could use the documentation tag for that purpose.

> Thus there is no way I know to formally
> specify, in WSDL, that you must invoke the "open"
> method before invoking the "action" method.

There is a more basic problem here....
Actually generally web-services architecture doesnt have a notion of session
maintenance.
so calling 'open' before 'action' sort of doesnt make sense in case of
web-services.

With Warm Regards,
Paramdeep