Jim. . . In the Setup file in the latest web pages or CD I do emphasize the importance of keeping the tips closely butted to the center to avoid unwanted bending stresses on the spring steel blades. The flex noted in the tips is expected. It's the nature of the spring steel to give a little, but I've never had one take a set from hard launches. The subject of intentional aero elasticity is discussed in the What's a Genie file. Fixing any slop that develops between the blades and boxes is addressed at the end of File 8. Good idea to coat the blades with paste wax to avoid unintentional bonding of the blades in the boxes.

Sure, experiment with different throws to get the wanted response.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Harley and all,
The Genie LT/S works as advertised but I haven't been able to maximize it's potential because I still have just a few hours of flight time with it. I am also trying to configure a new radio and doing both at a contest, which has been the only flying the Genie has done, makes it an interesting task. One aspect of construction I noticed important is a good joint between the inner and outer panels. With the blade joiners, a lot of stress is put on those joiner boxes and a bit of slop does develop with heavy launches, as I'm prone to do. Why, I don't know but I guess I've just got a heavy foot and better launch management might be in order. The tips do flex a bit but I have never come close to being concerned about it. I also am considering adding a bit more down travel to the ailerons at the tip of the surface, I do notice a bit of sluggishness in a turn and wonder if a bit more deflection might improve this. Differential right now is a pretty hefty 8-10 to 1 and I don't think I need to worry about adverse yaw, true? Pretty heavy use of left stick is needed to keep a nice coordinated turn but that's okay. I actually think my flying has improved greatly by exercising that left thumb a bit more; starting turns with rudder gives me some good indications about what the air is doing around me and whether I'm turning into good or bad air.
I guess I'm still looking to fly this like a handlaunch...:)

Thanks for the efforts with your designs and research, Harley.
Jim

---- Harley Michaelis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jim. . .I gather you have gotten your LT/S airborne. I've long been waiting to hear from you about it. Tell us more.