Darwin,

I'm flying the Lightspeed and the Vandal on the FASST system.  I have my
Taboo on a 72 mhz channel, hence my name on the roster that way.  My 2.4
receivers have been flawless to date.  The Futaba is an easier install than
the competitors; you don't have a satellite receiver with all it's
associated wiring.  All you need to do is find a good resting spot for the
ends of the antennae.  On both pods there are bands of carbon and Kevlar.  I
glue a little soda straw on the Kevlar portion and that in turn receives the
antennae end.  I also try to orient the other antennae at 90ยบ of the first,
in a balsa fairing on the Lightspeed and on the little deck under the canopy
on the Vandal.

Why aren't there more?  Because we're a cheap group!  We have receivers that
work, so why jump across?  I see it as a gradual change.  10 years from now
they will be universally used.

JE
--
Erickson Architects