Greetings!

One of the really neat things about the Multiplex web page is the
calculator that will help predict the right sized calculator for an
application.  check out:

http://www.multiplexrc.com/calcservo.htm

  OK, given that it is an approximation at best, I still get some really
strange numbers.  I'm probably using it wrong.

Given your basic 125" sailplane.  weighs say 70 oz, flaps are 2x25 inches,
they deflect 90 degrees, the wing has a 10" chord and the plane is moving
at say 75 mph.  Yes, this is fast, but not unreasonable for a dive.  For me
the servo calculator gives a required servo of 112 in oz.  This is a huge
servo.   Most of us would find a Hitec 225 MG with 55 in oz adequate.

On the other hand, given an aileron on the same plane, again say 2"x25"
that moves only 30 degrees then the required servo must carry only 37 in oz
and an HS 85 at 42 in oz.is more than adequate.

Am I doing this right?  Whenever I try to come up with a value for flaps,
it always seems about twice as high as folks use successfully.  What am I
missing?

Thanks,

Bill