At 08:57 PM 10/5/00 -0500, Jon Stone wrote:

>No disrespect intended, but what you're not doing right is pulling full
>flaps at 75 mph.  Most full-house planes thermal around at 20-30 mph.

Wow!  about 5 response in 15 minutes.  Why aren't you guys watching the
political debates???

OK, I see my problem.  No, I would never actually do that, i.e. drop flaps
at full dive.  We have one guy around here who does that every now and then
at a contest.  Amazing how far the sound of an exploding wing will carry.
Amazing how much energy you can store in a foam/glass wing to make that
much noise.  ;-)

My problem was that I was playing with a computer.  With this kinda
calculating power it is easy to play "what if" games and I was setting up a
totally unreasonable, worst case scenario.

I stand corrected and I am using the servo calculator correctly, just not
using reasonable numbers.

Thanks to all who responded and to Karlton for making such a neat program
available.

Bill