In a message dated 01/30/2002 10:38:18 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Get off it Jim. This is an equal opportunity sport (or hobby,depending
>  on who you listen to.) Flying an overpriced ARF does not give you any
>  priority over those who build our own simple DLGs.
>
>  >The channel block is not available in the US......
>  >I think we should all have a unique ID in our tx and a way to set the ID
in
> the rx with microswitches or programming.  The only way to escape all the
> newbies and throw away RTF's is to have this coded system on a separate
freq.
> band, and priced in the league for the guys flying expensive toys, like
> helicopters, jets, IMAC, and our silly little molded gliders....
>  >Jim

I think Jim's idea has merit. You pay a premium for the protection of your
stuff. In an ideal scenario, the cost of it would not limit the newbie's
access or force anybody to use it. It would simply be available at a price. I
don't know the technical limitations, but they should be challenges, not
obstacles. Just think, though. Removing the "I've been hit!" dodge from the
arsenal of excuses might be kinda like wearing the emperor's (not you
Karlton!) invisible robe.

Bill Wingstedt