I believe that hams & the government are the only authorized users of the
50-54 MHz band, and most hams will stick to the voluntary bandplans so I
think you are pretty safe if you are on those bands.

On another subject, something that will hopefully help eliminate getting
shot down, does anybody know if spread spectrum R/C gear is available?
That's something I would definitely pay for if it's available and if I can
afford it!

Brian