From: Aerofoam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 12:45 PM
To: RCSE
Subject: Re: [RCSE] shipping

  Any future
> shipments though with UPS will be through one of their UPS stores where I
> will let them pack and ship the items for me.   They guarantee a total
> hassle free experience

The problem with this is that they charge 3 to 5  times more than it should
cost to ship.
 I was at one of these stores and shipped a 9lb. medium sized package for
about $12.00. (it would have cost about $7.50 for FedEx ground) I had packed
it myself and also had a significant discount for having an account at the
store.
A guy came in with a speedometer assembly for a classic car and let the
store do the packing and supply the materials. This object was about 5lbs
and slightly larger than a bread box. They charged him $28.00 to box and
ship it from Phx. to L.A. It was a standard 5 day shipment.

I am not willing to pay that much to send or receive a package.

Mark Mech
www.aerofoam.com

"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.