A note taken from the RadicalRC regarding fast charging of Sanyo's 2100mAh
NIMH cells:

"This is Sanyo's latest high capacity AA. Unlike their other NiMH cells,
these ultra high capacity cells should never be charged above C/2 or or
about 1.1 amps on NiMH rated fast chargers. Of course standard C/10 or lower
overnight charging is A-ok."

Is your Sirius charger a "Pro Plus" or "Limited Edition"?  The Plus model
puts out a flat 1A per channel, and the LE model puts out a flat 2A per
channel.  Certainly enough to cook the batteries if the cells in the pack
were a bit unbalanced.

Capacitywise I use nothing over 1650 in an AA NIMH pack.  If I need more
capacity I use 2700 mAh A or 4000 mAh AU NIMH packs, as those tolerate
repeated high-rate fast charging.

 -==- Barrett