Title: RE: [RCSE] Battery food

I won't use NImH in an airborn pack at all. Fast charging them is too much of an issue. The Sirius Pro, which is rated to charge a 2000 mah pack, is only rated 1000 for NimH! NIcads are easily fast-charged, or even better, buy a second pack and change it out when you're getting low.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Chan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 2:06 PM
To: Brian Smith; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Battery food

At 11:56 AM -0600 11/8/04, Brian Smith wrote:
>Well, Battery Food for thought anyhow...
>     For the convenience of it I had assembled a couple airborne packs from
>Wal-mart 2200 Nimh batteries..All was well till I crashed my Wonderful
>Ava-Gea...Two of the cells failed at the same time..They had been charged
>for a couple months on a Sirius Smart charger..So I blame the cells and not
>the charger...
>   My friend Jon Stone suggested he does/ I should use nothing but sanyo
>batteries in my airborne packs..A couple months later, so far so good...My 2
>cents about off brand batteries.."You pays your money/You takes your
>chances"...Brian Smith

  Brian,

Same here. So far the highest cap AA size Nimh cell I use from Sanyo
is 1650mah. I have not seen any highest cap. I don't think anyone can
use more that 1650 per day of flying. If you need higher capacity,
you should have room for bigger cell. Or if you fly that much per
day, recharge.

Those 2100, 2300's are great for cameras, shavers....etc. If they
die, no big deal. I would not put those in anything that I deem
important as life support system.

Brian
--
Brian Chan,