On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 05:18:29 +0400
Lev Serebryakov <l...@serebryakov.spb.ru> wrote:

> > Interesting that the very same card works in a different PC with the
> > same the same distribution, the same kernel and hence the same drivers
> > flawlessly....
>  Are you sure, that it is not overheat? My Senao WiFi card becomes
> very hot on active TX and sometimes Soekris 5501 in standard case
> hangs from overheat when I see HD movie over WiFi.

Yes, I am sure.
I have a fan in the case that is rated 42l/min. Even assuming
that all the loses lead to just 10l/min air going trough the case,
this should be more than enough to keep everything cool. Especially
as i have mounted the fan in a way that pulls the air from the side
of the CPU to the side of the PCI connector. Ie the WLAN card is
on the lee side of the CPU.

This is also supported by the fact that i dont see any temperature
rise when the WLAN card is active.

                        Attila Kinali

--
Why does it take years to find the answers to
the questions one should have asked long ago?