On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:46 PM, Attila Kinali <att...@kinali.ch> wrote:

> I recently plugged a WLAN card into my net5501 and now get
> sporadic hangs of the system. They are only present when
> the card is active and sending. As the system doesnt reboot,
> it looks like that it is a transient, too fast for the
> reset/power supervisor circuit to catch.

I just want to say that I've had the same problem in all my 6 soekris
boxes, and I tested them with an open case, with atheros and broadcom
cards, with heatsinks installed, also using different power supplies
(12v from 2 to 8 amps), it doesn't make a difference, they all hang
and are not even rebooted by the watchdog.

So I had to remove the wifi cards in all of them, and now they are
stable, except one of them that still hangs and sometimes gets
rebooted by the watchdog.
The one that still hangs has more (wired) network activity than the rest.

I am 100% sure that the wifi related hangs are a hardware issue, not
so sure about the wired network problem though.

The only reason why I'm still subscribed to this mailing list after 2
years of implementing this is to check if this ever gets solved.

Even if the wired network problem is a driver issue, I would have
expected some debugging and fixing by Soekris by now.

I have to admit though that I never reported this to sa...@soekris.com
before, I just posted my findings in this mailing list, that's why I'm
CCing them now.

Lets please find a solution for this soon!