Hi Michael,

Michael Sierchio wrote:
> I've been using Soekris boxes since the net4501, and think I've used
> every board made.
>
> It's always problematic when legitimate criticism is mixed with gripes
> in the form of a complaint that a product doesn't do what it wasn't
> designed to do.  But...

We have this problem that since the boards are so flexible people use
them for thing we never expected or imagined, but we still try to fix
any problem that show up....

> It's a valid observation that the Soekris cases don't have any real
> thermal design engineering. Since the net4801, I've had thermal
> problems when putting an IDE/ATA/STA drive in the case.  The case
> design of the rackmount net5501 is ABSURD, in that either the
> motherboard or the power supply must be removed in order to
> insert/remove the compact flash.

Yes, a little miss there, next batch of net5501 cases will be updated to
fix it....

> I conclude from this that Soren is a talented electrical engineer. ;-)

We also recently got a Mechanical Engineer working with us to improve
cases....

Best Regards,

Soren Kristensen

CEO & Chief Engineer