Nobody likes stuff too far away ;-)
I've seen cases of this type of thing in 3d Max and Maya too.

From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Sandy Sutherland
Sent: April-17-12 10:25 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: Scene scale effecting bumpmaps

I have had geometry issues with models not too far from origin - when subd set
to anything above o - then the geometry looks like organge peel and when played
back the peel moves like turbulance!  Not sure of this threshold, but I must
say Softimage does not like stuff too far away!

S.

Sandy Sutherland
Technical Supervisor
sandy.sutherl...@triggerfish.co.za