Hi Sandy,

I agree with Eric. It's really a mixed bag without having word of
mouth from people you trust... I too took Raff's course and found it
fantastic, but I also took a certain Maya rigging one -- not the Judd
one -- only knowing his credentials were good, but it turned out quite
terribly produced. :/ (I don't wanna name names.)

The teacher in this case clearly knew a lot, was a nice guy and had
lots of experience, but as a teacher he'd seriously drag on and make
mistakes in his very elongated videos that he would not edit out; I
don't know if due to lack of time on a busy schedule, lack of editing
software, or just lazyness. Either way, you'd waste half an hour doing
some setup to find out in the last 3 or 4 minutes that he missed a key
part and then backtracked to fix it. Sometimes like 10 minutes went by
before he completely throw away the approach he was doing. If you were
to skip through his two hour video, even just by minute increments,
you could very easily miss a crucial backtracking moment, and then
your setup didn't match his.

The Rigging Dojo videos look good, though I've never taken a course
there myself so who knows. That said, their teachers seem to really
love their field, which is a good sign. David Gallagher's AnimSchool
looks great too.

In another topic, how's her vector math? You can do quite a bit of
rigging without knowing any, but if you know a little bit it can help
a ton to slowly master doing some nifty deformers in ICE and so on. --
Khan Academy has some good general videos on linear algebra concepts:
http://www.khanacademy.org/math/linear-algebra
and CMIvfx has these good ICE ones:
http://www.cmivfx.com/tutorials/view/418/Softimage+ICE+Deformers
http://www.cmivfx.com/tutorials/view/197/Softimage+ICE+For+A+Production+Pipeline
http://www.cmivfx.com/tutorials/view/212/Softimage+ICE%3A+Scalar+Data
and this one I recently heard of, not watched, but it's probably good
cause Mr.Vernon makes awesome things:
http://www.cgcircuit.com/lessondetailcomplete.php?val=599

Cheers,

   -- Alan