SignatureSorry for stupid question, but what’s advantage of using qt over PPG?

From: Tim Crowson
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:12 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Some more questions about PyQt in Softimage (addon v1.14:
fixesbutton size and adds command to Soft menu)

As a matter of fact, Simon, that's the exact setup I use! I especially like
Eclipse's "interactive debugging", for lack of a better term, where it
instantly highlights syntax errors, unused variables, undefinied variables,
etc. Really speeds things up! So many other things to like about Eclipse too.
So far, my workflow is to create a new addon directory from Soft, then set that
as a PyDev project in Eclipse. I still use Sublime Text 2 every now and then
for one-offs, but Eclipse my main environment.

Tim Crowson
Lead CG Artist

Magnetic Dreams Animation Studio, Inc.
2525 Lebanon Pike, Building C. Nashville, TN 37214
Ph  615.885.6801 | Fax  615.889.4768 | www.magneticdreams.com
tim.crow...@magneticdreams.com