Thx Ben.

The thing is the distance between node output is almost twice the distance
reported by the viewport. If I use the value of the Distance Between node,
the focus is farther than the expected.  I am right now dividing the result
by 2 and I think I am getting there and getting the focus plane where I
want.

I am trying to figure out the logic on this and the only thing that comes
up to my mind is that maybe the focus distance is splitted in two.  One
half is from camera to object and the other is from object to camera.
Don't know if I explained myself or is there some logic into this.