You then need a "distance to plane" calculation... the distance from the
camera to null is the hypotenuse of a right triangle. The angle of that
line versus the z axis of the camera then gives you enough information to
determine the distance to the camera plane the null is on.

cos(theta)=a/h where you want the length of the adjacent side (a)...

So the value you seek is cos(angle)*distance to null.