When you look at how easy it is to produce controlled and interesting
frequencies with your hand (things such as a beat, accel/decel etc.) an 80
bucks device that can sample 10 sources accurately at 200hz is very, very
far from useless :)

Yes, fatigue onset would make it a silly thing to orbit the camera with for
8-12 hrs a day, but it's not like that's all you need to do is it? Surely
there are things you only have to do a few minutes every hour or more that
could use a sampling like that.

Currently we have some things that translate well through hardware
interfaces, and some things that translate poorly, or not at all.
Additional input for something as natural as gestures is definitely
something animators want, they probably just don't know they do quite yet.
I know I've discussed this with some (animators) 10 years ago and a
precise, cheap, on-desk hand capture device was a wet dream. When one comes
out, everybody goes luddite?! Curse you animators!

BTW writing something to use these devices, when they have a good SDK, is
actually very, very easy. The data acquisition side of things is never a
problem if the SDK is good.

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!