Way back when (xsi 7 had just been released) i coded a xsi interface for my
behringer mixer. going from a static mouse driven facial animation setup to
something with
tactile and physical feedback (behringer had automated faders) was a huge
leap forward for immersion in the scene and it sped the workflow up
immensely.

had a long break from cg/coding and i was quite shocked at the lack of any
kind of hardware implementation for animators. i couldn't' even find a
simple xsi plug for a webcam veiwport.

i see masses of improvements for modelling/texturing and rendering
workflows but the animation part seems to have been missed (or i've missed
it).

there's a lot to be said for any device that gets your hands out of the ui
and i'd love to see what can be done with such a simple and cheap device.
might even splash out on one myself

--
Jon Swindells
squi...@gmail.com