It is an easy and understandable act/action... But it just don't help.

What do you think student learning Softimage, 3rd developers, Studio think
about this community when they silently sign in and just keep reading (and
not actively posting)? Do they wish to support this community or joining
the rank of it? I do not believe such a thing... I believe rather the
opposite of it. And this is not AD's fault.
In fact if I was a 3rd party developer or an AD developer I will not
support such a community and may be this is why so many people where I work
and not support our community that much...

Also all in all, in my day to day work I have to say that I am happy to see
Softimage crash less and less at every new version... Feature wise not that
much but I am not after features I am more after bug or improvement than
anything else... My selfish 2 cents