I think you need some PPG.Logic

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14003709&linkID=12544120

using an _OnChanged callback

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 12:29:57 +0100
Subject: Controlling a parameter "live" via slider through scripting
From: cgo...@googlemail.com
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com

Hi list,

My script generates a bevel operator on an object. I then want a PPG to pop up
that allows the user to change certain parameters of the bevel operator. These
parameters should update whenever the values in the PPG are changed. However,
they only update after the PPG is closed via OK. Can someone point me in the
right direction here?

Script is roughly as follows:

# Lots of stuff after which a bevel operator (op) is generated
MyPSet = A.ActiveSceneRoot.AddProperty("CustomProperty", False, "Bevel_Options")

MyLayout = MyPSet.PPGLayout
MyPSet.AddParameter3("PBevelRatio", c.siFloat, 10, 0.01, 100)
MySlider = MyLayout.AddItem("PBevelRatio", "Ratio", c.siControlNumber)

A.InspectObj(MyPSet, "", "Choose Bevel Options", c.siModal, False)

op.Parameters("ratio").Value = MyPSet.Parameters("PBevelRatio").Value

Thank you
Christian