The old Maya mailing list is cool but the beauty of a Softimage to Maya
list would be artists who are experienced in both Soft + Maya teaching you
where the equivalent buttons/methods are.

The 'Salvage the list' thread isn't great as its already emotionally
charged by title.

A Softimage to Maya list was made but maybe it would add to the fear of
community migration.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/softimage2maya

So a [OTMaya] tag or [TOMaya] tag sounds like a good idea. It could create
problems for new posters who aren't aware of a tagging system but nothing
to lose sleep over.