btw, we can host a softimage-to-maya list, but I just think it's a
little early to be doing that.
in my opinion, a lot of people using Softimage also use Maya
occasionally, so it's beneficial to talk about Maya here - even for
the people that won't be doing that transition.  This isn't the
'anything but maya' mailing list .