I suppose I should have phrased that "There has literally never been a
single public "champion" of Softimage at a decision-making level."

Was there ever a SIGGRAPH, usergroup meeting, or anything of the sort where
anyone with any sort of authority at Autodesk called for more exposure,
more marketing, more anything for Softimage?