From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Mirko Jankovic
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:56 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: A more graceful retirement - my counter offer

There is a bit of perspective of view issue here.
To developers Maya sounds like god given tol to work on.
On the other hand to artists Softimage is god given tool to work on.

Now at the end what is more important - developers to have smooth day
developing or artists to have smooth workflow? :)
Ideally it would be both bur right now artists are loosing battle.. with heavy
losses :)

Point is, why killing when instead by developing Maya, making it better, really
better, people would naturally move to better tool.
This right now is shoving it to Softimage users in the face saying that we will
like it and it is for our own good.
All this issue could be handled way better with much lesser resistance if AD
actual paid attention to customersand tried to eas in and help with transition
instead of killing years of dedication and experiences and turning a LOT of
Softimage veterans into Maya juniors...
Btw most of those now to be juniors are 30+,40+ ...