Hi, While I think you brought a number of fair points,
I don't think people sticking to soft is mostly about fanaticism or "religous" frevor.

I too worked on Shake, and apprehending nuke was no problem.

A better analogy for me would be moving from node based visual programming to scripting,
on a somewhat less forgiving base when "pushing the envelope".
(not just concerning ICE but somehow everything, )

From what I gather while being as impartial as I can,
if the end result is indeed a 25%-50% overall change in productivity for 5-7+ years,
(based on much (non-selective) feedback from smaller shops/projects to date)
while I'm sure many could deal with that, and that some might do better and others worse,
it can definitely still ring as being quite something.

And just going along with it while saying ;
"oh well.. that's just how it is.. might as well make the best of it!"
to me almost feels as if we were talking about purely consequential natural disaster recovery,
and I personally have a hard time just swallowing that.