From: Andy Goehler
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:14 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: ICE in Maya is it really possible?

Amen. Finally some sensible words — thank you Raffaele.

Andy

On Mar 16, 2014, at 12:11, Raffaele Fragapane <raffsxsil...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

  Honestly, I don't know why people keep  mentioning things such as she of vote
or rewrites and the such. XSI wasn't rewritten to get ICE with its current
considerable set of limitations (some of which aren't present in splice on
Maya), but everybody wants so badly for Maya to be called older, when in
actuality it's clunkier, horribly fragmented, but arguably a lot younger and
more modern than Soft at this point.

  People have a perception of modernity based on their interaction with a mix
of look, slickness and use experience, and then think and wasn't too the
mythical "core" of the app to be equally modern or ancient based on how it
feels, but the two things are seldom related.