From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] on behalf of Raffaele Fragapane
[raffsxsil...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2014 7:11 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: ICE in Maya is it really possible?

You already have most of what is possible in ice in Maya, it's called splice
for Fabric. The only thing missing are some primitives and the visual
programming paradigm and GUI,  performance and portability are mostly better
already.

Honestly, I don't know why people keep  mentioning things such as she of vote
or rewrites and the such. XSI wasn't rewritten to get ICE with its current
considerable set of limitations (some of which aren't present in splice on
Maya), but everybody wants so badly for Maya to be called older, when in
actuality it's clunkier, horribly fragmented, but arguably a lot younger and
more modern than Soft at this point.

People have a perception of modernity based on their interaction with a mix of
look, slickness and use experience, and then think and wasn't too the mythical
"core" of the app to be equally modern or ancient based on how it feels, but
the two things are seldom related.

And on the same note, of Maya will get ICE, it still won't be Soft ;)
What Chris mentioned with H Maya, if it will ever get anywhere, would be a lot
more important than "rewriting the core".

Modern software development and software modernisation don't work the way most
people seem to perceive it.

On 16 Mar 2014 21:20, "Nuno Conceicao"