From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Luc-Eric Rousseau
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:25 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: humanize maya, SOFT top 5

> Text not icons

I don't understand this one.  Which part of the UI is this a problem with that
it isn't in Softimage?

You have the shelf at the top of the UI, but that's just shortcuts to things
that are already in the menu.  Hide the shelf if you don't want it (there is
also a shelf in XSI)

For the viewport ("panel") toolbar, if you don't use it, you can hide it
(shift+ctrl+m) - these are all shortcuts to the items also in the menu.  It
certainly would not make sense to turn that into text buttons, although they
should be generally fewer and bigger buttons there.

But again these are shotcuts to the text menus. Everything is menu-based in
Maya.