You do see the frustration here, right Maurice?

By nature I'd say most Softimage users are very logical, straight forward,
thinking individuals who quite often either own their own business or work
as freelancers and therefore have a good understanding of how to run a
business.

Every reason given so far for this entire situation seems to fall under the
concept of "plausible deniability" because otherwise none of it makes
sense.  You have to believe that Softimage either A. had an incredible
string of bad luck which, despite Autodesk giving 100% of it's effort to
develop, market and sell the product, caused it to fail.  or B. Autodesk
bought Softimage for it's patents, technology and developers, then
intentionally marginalized Softimage to the point of where a business case
could be made to shut it down and force users to move to Maya.

-Paul

*"I think...a more reasonable view...[is] trying to allow customers to do
what they want to do instead of being heavy-handed and forcing customers to
do things that are in their best interest."  - Carl Bass *