I have once seen an advertisement for softimage, i can't remember what
magazine it was.
It had this modelled lego parrot in it (untextured if i remember correct):
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/uploads//1335111129/gallery_273_58_52809.png
And the interface was a bit cleaner then current version, as in things
missing.
Unfortunately it was a dream :( (i'm not kidding, i really dreamed this
like 2 years ago).

And Maurice and Chris, i really appreciate the time you guys take to write
answers. However i'm hurted really deep lately and it's only getting worse.
I lost my trust in Autodesk, not for all the lies but the choices made over
the years.
I think a major reason for maya and max being so big is that so many
companies use those products and there for schools teaches those products.
It's hard to break that cycle and i think it's where AD failed. If schools
with maya or max seats where teaching ICE as well then softimage would have
won slowly more ground. It's so sad that i always have to explain what
softimage is while they know what maya and 3d max is.

O yeah when was it 2008? Like 6 years ago. Why didn't AD tell the future of
SI is dark.

I hope i can turn away from AD products as long as possible. And seeing
what products they have left, it can't be that hard. I hope the choices
made by AD will hurt AD in the long term. Not because i'm evil, it's
because i want AD to learn a very valuable lesson. The worst thing of all
is the 2 year period, i think it's a big middle finger from AD to so many
customers. 2 years is nothing.

Even if you put one programmer on SI i will be happy. His taks could be
open SDK and driver support, nothing more. The problem however will be that
people will stop buying new products. And it's all about the fucking money.