There are only a handful of specific nodes that are unique to Redshift3D.
Everything else is exactly like you are used to in the Materials (nodes) in
Softimage.
They did a great job making it almost seamless....

a unique example... if you want to bumpmap some object, you would select
the Redshift bumpmap node,
instead of the regular mentalray bumpmap node. That is one of the nodes
that is specific to Redshift.
And you would plug the outpuit directly into the Material input, not the
shader.

On the pass, or scene, you specify the Redshift render instead of Mentalray
and you also need to adjust the
render settings.

The default gamma is set to 2.2, and in most cases you should change that
to 1.0.
Other than that, the options are very similar to what you are used to with

Sorry for the rambling description instead of a decent tutorial, but they
are working on a set of tutorials
right now, and should be available soon.

You will not take long to adapt to this, I found it extremely easy to use.
The docs <http://docs.redshift3d.com/Default.html> are very complete.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 9:15 PM, David Rivera <activemotionpictu...@yahoo.com

--

Best Regards,
*  Stephen P. Davidson*

*(954) 552-7956*    sdavid...@3danimationmagic.com

*Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic*

 - Arthur C. Clarke

<http://www.3danimationmagic.com>