From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Luc-Eric Rousseau
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 8:26 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Center mode (was RE: humanize Maya, SOFT top 5)

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Ponthieux, Joseph G. (LARC-E1A)[LITES]
<j.ponthi...@nasa.gov> wrote:
> Maya:   I have to create a  set of multiple nulls with custom rotations to
> set up the angle of rotation properly for the surface. If I want to
> rotate the surface I have to dig through all these nulls to get to the
> right one, select and rotate it just to rotate the surface.

Is that always true in your scenarios?  Moving center in Softimage is like
moving all the points of the geometry. (What brent calls "transforming the
geometry") Knowing that it does that, wouldn't the simplest work-around for
your specific scenario in Maya be to select all points and move/rotate them.