In SI we use both pivots and centers. Pivots lack rotation or at least I've
never found how to use them so we use Centers for that.

Being able to use SRT in custom angles is quite useful. In SI you have
centers and reference planes. You have also pivots.

In Maya you only have a pivot that you can only specify it's position. The
rotation axis works only for rotation and custom axis orientation are
Translation and Scale tools options that work separately from the object
rotation axis and you can only manipulate it in the viewport. And since
it's a tool option you can only have 1 custom angle for translation and
scale (1 per tool).

You can't move, let's say, an object 10.54 units in diagonal 30 degrees
without calculating it or scripting. In SI you can do it in a few seconds
with precision and you have multiple ways to do it.

You can't do this with components either in Maya.

So, I think Maya needs at least half of the Softimage MCP.

Martin