That's been available for dog years in Maya, it's part of the tool settings
for several tools rather than an always manipulation object, but it's there.
If anything it's probably one of the rare things where I prefer Maya when
it comes to the actual rig, it's a lot easier, for transforms, to modulate
and persist changes to transform inheritance.

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!