Not sure if I can agree here..

 I add tools to my collection only when they save me time or give me an
advantage. And I only replace "old" tools when they either don't run
anymore or the competition is _much_ better..(think _at least_ 50-80%
faster to goal).

I bought a Modo seat solely because of MeshFusion. That tool is a
killer-app in itself. Same thing with Redshift for Softimage...

And when it comes to Maya: I welcome their recent changes, but, still -
I don't see a reason at this point in time to shift over to Maya (which
I already own but rarely make use of) simply because there is no benefit
over Softimage. Everything I would want to do in Maya I can do better
and easier in Soft... I'm waiting for that to change.. Maybe in a couple
of years?

Cheers!
Chris