I agree with Tim and most of the people in the list I am sure. Most of the
other software discussion is done with a "softimage perspective" which is
why is worth having that discussion here and not in Maya/Blender forum.

In regards to Blender, I also used to also draw the line there. However
after seeing this Houdini/Blender hair workflow I realised it could be
useful for very specific tasks on a pipeline. At the end of the day if it
helps me do a better job and go home early then I will embrace it. (Chris,
I am interested on this modelling workflow!)

https://vimeo.com/88711732

In regards to the noise that we've seen lately. What I would suggest is if
someone wants to post a purely Maya thread maybe format it with brackets?

[Maya] How do I make an override?
[Modo]

etc, that will help everyone possibly filter better and ignore if not
interested.

Best,
Cris