Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2015 6:07 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Fuzz trouble

Let's look at facts:

   - The last service pack had a total of 9 bug fixes for a one year
development cycle.
   - Some of the fixed bugs weren't exactly high priority issues.
   - One developer is doing any work on the product to fix those bugs.
   - That one developer was not part of the core development team that
originated the product.
   - Autodesk's definition of 'support' doesn't match everybody else's
definition of support.

Unless you can prove your bug is seriously impacting/blocking production,
don't expect anybody to put eyes on the problem.  Resellers only have
influence with development when there is an opportunity for a sale (or
impacts retention of big customer).  Since Softimage is a retired product,
there is no opportunity for sale and no worry of retention.  Therefore no
real incentive for the bug to be fixed.

You can report and chase it all you want, but it's not worth the trouble.
You'll only be frustrated in the end.  I should know, I've reported and
chased a ton of issues to Softimage over the past 20 years.  Even during the
best of times it was a steep uphill battle.  Your best option is to move to
a version of Softimage where the bug doesn't exist, or develop your own node
to replace the functionality.

Matt