From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Fabian Schnuer
Gohde
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 6:48 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: XSI and Window 10, the bright future

Hi,

I've got machines with Win 8.1 Pro at the moment and with the free upgrade
"deadline" approaching I'm thinking wether not not to take the plunge to Win10
during the summer.

My main concern apart from privacy issues is that given the fact that there
will now be continuous rolling windows upgrades that XSI will cease to function
one fine morning. Much the same way that some programs stop working with MacOSX
updates. And no-one will provide updates to fix that.

I'm mostly happy with Win8.1+ClassicShell but the fact that M$ and Intel want
upcoming hardware to require new Windows is perhaps a reason to update. I'm
still looking to use XSi for another 3-5 years.

Does anyone with more knowledge of Windows internals and XSI dependencies have
an opinion on the likelyhood of M$ messing with something that XSI needs?

Thank you,

Fabian