From an interface point of view Windows 10 is miles ahead , however in every
other respect it’s a pain in the ass. Anyone who follows my twitter account can
see how often I rage about this, As soon as there is a decent way to get NVidia
Optimus work on Linux I am moving.

From: Fabian Schnuer Gohde [mailto:list....@gohde.no]
Sent: Sunday, 13 March 2016 7:48 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: XSI and Window 10, the bright future

Hi,
I've got machines with Win 8.1 Pro at the moment and with the free upgrade
"deadline" approaching I'm thinking wether not not to take the plunge to Win10
during the summer.

My main concern apart from privacy issues is that given the fact that there
will now be continuous rolling windows upgrades that XSI will cease to function
one fine morning. Much the same way that some programs stop working with MacOSX
updates. And no-one will provide updates to fix that.

I'm mostly happy with Win8.1+ClassicShell but the fact that M$ and Intel want
upcoming hardware to require new Windows is perhaps a reason to update. I'm
still looking to use XSi for another 3-5 years.

Does anyone with more knowledge of Windows internals and XSI dependencies have
an opinion on the likelyhood of M$ messing with something that XSI needs?

Thank you,
Fabian

style="width:100%;">
size="1" color="#999999"><span style="font-size:11px;">This communication is
intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original
message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the
permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to
enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus
advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which
are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and
outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in