Just considering the same option..

New laptop with 4K screen (would have preferred 1920 but hey).
I assume Windows 10 works better with 4K screen scaling, I saw on a

I want to use KinectV2 but this will only run on 8.1 upwards (usb3 driver
issue).
But I assume win8.1 scaling for 4K won't work so well.

Again.. Linux not an option with the various amounts differing software
need to run on the box.

Stuck between a rock and a couple of squishy places.

Will try Win10 and prepare to roll back.

Will try and prevent automatic updates: