For information, I also had issues with the Voronoi SOP creating a
suboptimal mesh output (disconnected points here and there) and found that
the scale of the object can greatly influence the quality of the fracture.
So just crank up the scale to reach a bounding box of around 100-1000 units
(don't go too high or this might cause floating-point issues), apply the
Voronoi SOP, and revert the scale back. Another helpful thing to do, as
recommended by SESI, is to avoid an input geometry with non-planar faces by
inserting a Divide SOP before the fracture.

Well, even with these 2 tips it still might not work depending on the input
geometry.

On 6 December 2016 at 21:29, Fabricio Chamon <xsiml...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ok solved exporting through a ROP node instead of file node. Now alembic
> imports fine and all faces are good. =)

>> Well, unfortunatelly soft crashes everytime I try to import this alembic
>> mesh from houdini... so I went for objs.
>>
>> And I'm afraid I can't merge them in Soft because a) it will take quite
>> some time as the whole geo is dense and b) I'd have to leave a gap between
>> the pieces or else any adjacent pieces would get merged together... and I
>> want them to be single pieces.
>>
>> is that an export thing ? Because it works nicely inside houdini...

>>> hi, i had the same issue, exported simulation from houdini to maya with
>>> alembic, i just merged vertices in maya

>>> ------
>>> Softimage Mailing List.
>>> with "unsubscribe" in the subject, and reply to confirm.
>>>

> ------
> Softimage Mailing List.

Christopher Crouzet
*http://christophercrouzet.com* <http://christophercrouzet.com>