Hi,

I'm not a developer but I write some stuff we need from time to time. I wrote
and released a weights tool some time ago because we are still working in
Softimage and we will be using it, even if partially, for at least a few years
so I'm trying to make our current pipeline as comfortable as possible (we are
using SI as our main tool in our biggest project right now and probably will be
using it for at least 1 more year).

Being said that, I totally agree with Cesar. You can't develop advanced tools
with a closed black box. You'll eventually hit a wall and you'll have nobody to
ask for support or even a hint. If someone has the courage to work under this
circumstances, then I'll try to support as much as possible. But implement new
technologies that weren't considered in SI 2015 such as a new viewport, ptex,
etc, is not very realistic. I'd be happy with 4K resolution GUI support.

A probably better idea would be adding Softimage features into other packages
like Maya, Max, Modo, etc. I'm doing what I can in Maya but it isn't an easy
task either.

Martin
Sent from my iPhone