I think the problem Houdini has is penetrating the more ‘traditional’
modelling, UV, and animation workflows. Maya/Max still dominate here. C4D and
Modo are trying hard but the former still seem to rule the roost.

Is there a swing towards Houdini in this area? Or is it still an augmented
option in a Maya/Max/Modo pipeline. That would be the interesting thing for me.

I had hoped to make the recent Houdini event but client deadlines intervened. I
echo Andy’s comments though about the number of Soft users. For me Houdini is a
no-brainer when looking for an ICE replacement, perhaps with some Fabric thrown
in there for good measure.

Regarding AD though, kinda hard to measure right now. I don’t hear many
positive vibes. More recent cuts and layoffs including Eddie Perberg, the Max
product manager. Even with my understanding it seems bizarre.