I’ve got another solution that isn’t as cheap as MOI but one that copes well
with massive CAD assets.

Modo and Power Translators in combination.

Modo is now available as a rental ($599 per annum) but comes with a fully
functional 30 day demo and you can get a demo license from Integrity-ware
directly for Power Translators, just be sure you ask for the Modo version of
Power Translators.

https://www.npowersoftware.com/NewContact.html
<https://www.npowersoftware.com/NewContact.html>

Really powerful combination that’s especially effective on massive CAD models
with lots of components. It’s no magic button but the options aren’t complex,
just be thoughtful about the available options.

If you get the demo’s more than happy to help you out with the available
options. Or if you have an asset your client is happy to pass on to a third
party, more than happy to test here as I run both Modo and Power Translators.
At least this way you won’t waste any more time learning and testing new tools.

https://www.npowersoftware.com/NewContact.htmlhttps://www.npowersoftware.com/NewContact.html