btw. I also checked with version 2.02 aaand it's not in there. So you're
right, XSI never had that functionality. Apparently I mixed it up with
Softimage 3D.

-----Original Message-----
From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Matt Lind
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 2:32 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: uvs transfer from nurbs to polys

Softimage|3D supported Texture UV coordinates in the NURBS to polygon
Softimage|mesh
conversion, but XSI never did.  It was the only geometry type available in
XSI 1.0, and some enhancements were implemented in XSI v3.x, but NURBS
development was more or less abandoned after that.

GATOR wasn't introduced until XSI v5.0

Scripting your own NURBS to polygon mesh converter with texture coordinates
isn't difficult.  You can think of a NURBS surface as a deformed grid
comprised of 4-sided polygons, and the Texture UVW coordinates are
guaranteed to be contiguous.  If you build the geometry correctly,
transferring texture UVW coordinates is practically copy/paste.

Things only get complex if trim curves are involved.

Matt