Hi,

(discussion moved from -user to -dev)

2008/5/19 Chris Hostetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> If people are particularly eager to see a 1.3 release, the best thing to
> do is subscribe to solr-dev and start a dialog there about what issues
> people thing are "show stopers" for 1.3 and what assistance the various
> people working on those issues can use.

So, what are the show stoppers, how can we help, what can we reassign
to a future release?

Taking a look through the list there's quite a few issues with patches
attached that aren't applied yet. Clearing these out would cut the
open bug count by almost half:

SOLR-515
SOLR-438
SOLR-351 (applied?)
SOLR-281 (applied?)
SOLR-424
SOLR-243 (stuck in review hell?)
SOLR-433
SOLR-510
SOLR-139
SOLR-521 (applied, waiting to be closed)
SOLR-284
SOLR-560
SOLR-469
SOLR-572
SOLR-565

It's a little weird to see patch 'development' going on in JIRA
(sometimes for over a year), rather than getting the patches into svn
and then working there... I'd worry that some valuable code history is
getting lost along the way? Yes, it's a tough call between adding
'bad' code and waiting for the perfect patch, but bad code creates
healthy communities and is better than no code :-)

Andrew.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.andrewsavory.com/