+1
The code has changed so radically between Solr1.2 and Solr1.3 .Because
1.3 is not released most of us have to stick to 1.2 . So anything that
we build must work on 1.2 and if I wish to contribute back to Solr it
has to be 1.3 compatible. SOLR-469 is a good example where I had to
really hack my code hard to ensure that I contained the version
specific dependencies to one file .

This is a good starting point . Let us get the list of issues which
can be easily fixed and apply the patches and push out a release .
--Noble

--
--Noble Paul