Hi,

Half-baked things getting into trunk probably won't happen.  Lots of people use
Solr nightlies (cause they are often stable enough).  If we were a bunch paid
to work on Solr, then we'd be more organized/structured and have more regular
release cycles.  Solr is also not likely to have a very short lifetime -- too
many people use it, develop for it, and depend on it.

Otis